[RTTY] Congratulations to AA5AU on getting the Triple Play Award.....

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 16 23:05:34 EDT 2013

Thanks Frank et al...

I actually didn't even know I had achieved this award until I accidentally noticed it while checking my LoTW account last Saturday.
Earlier this year I entered an NAQP PHONE contest to see if I could work the rest of the ones I needed. After that I really didn't
think about it.

My disdain for SSB has softened over the years. Earlier this year I actually received enough confirmations to achieve PHONE DXCC
Honor Roll. I still have to submit one card to make 331 confirmed and even worked #332 a few months ago. So there is hope yet!

If you are into chasing new mode awards or looking for something do with low power, JT65 and JT9 are fun. With available free
software, you know instantly if stations are needed new states, DXCC entities, CQ Zones are grid squares. I've been doing a lot of
QRP with JT9. One notable contact was with VK6DU longpath using 5 watts.

73, Don AA5AU