[RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wb2rhm at wb2rhm.com
Wed Jul 24 15:58:34 EDT 2013

All,

FYI----  Here is the response I received today, 7/24/2013 from K1ZZ,
the CEO of the ARRL Re my strong objection to the ARRL 2.8KHz
bandwidth proposal for digital modes in all the HF bands.........

Here is the ARRL (but, we are working for your best interests)
position...........

73,
Ben - WB2RHM, WB2RHM/4, WB2RHM/2
ARRL Life Member
ARRL 50 yr Member
Active RTTY Contester

Ben, I will forward your comments to your Director, Dennis Bodson, W4PWF.

However, you should welcome a limit being placed on the bandwidth of
HF digital data signals. At the present time there is no bandwidth
limit whatsoever on digital data signals as long as the 300 baud
limit is observed. It is legal today for a signal with multiple
carriers, each with multiple-bit-per-symbol modulation, to be
considerably wider than 2.8 kHz. The 2.8 kHz value accommodates
digital emissions now in common use while putting a cap on the
bandwidth that a station could occupy in the future.

73,
David Sumner, K1ZZ
Chief Executive Officer, ARRL