[RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jul 25 07:42:58 EDT 2013

Germany has fewer than on tenth the number of licensees as the US.  The
number using such bandwidth wasting and QRM generating modes in not
significantly large to create a problem although there is a small and
*growing issue with wideband PACTOR III signals from European based
stations.  Allowing the unfettered use of such modes by US licensees
will compound the problem as it will provide a vastly increased number
of opportunities for all stations to use such garbage generators.

The sad part is that there is no need for wideband, high speed data
- in the traditionally narrowband band segments as the data rates are
many times the keyboard speed of even the best typists.  Digital voice
belongs in the "phone" segments of the bands and long file/message
transfers belong on the various commercial services.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV