[RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jul 25 10:35:50 EDT 2013

Dave,

When multiple carriers are used to spread data over a range,
they become a narrow band spread spectrum system (e.g ROS)
which is illegal.  You are well aware of the issues with ROS.

In any case 2.8 KHz bandwidth is completely inappropriate for
the traditional "non-phone" bands and only serves to benefit
the interests of WinLink/Sail Mail and other quasi commercial
users of the amateur spectrum.  ARRL should be fighting these
proposals and interests vigorously for should they succeed
there will be absolutely no need for the Boards "Succession
Committee" as amateur radio as we have known it for nearly
100 years will be destroyed by those commercial interests in
a few short years.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV