[RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW

Paul Stoetzer n8hm at arrl.net
Fri Jul 26 22:39:49 EDT 2013

My opinion is that we should have the flexibility to do whatever we can
do within a 2.8 kHz bandwidth (including multiple carrier modes, spread
spectrum, etc.). I think voluntary band plans is good enough. Nobody is
going to transmit a 2.8 kHz wide digital signal at 14.025 MHz.

There are many other countries that regulate on bandwidth and generally
let hams do whatever they want in a normal SSB channel width. We don't
see chaos from that!

73,

Paul, N8HM