[RTTY] WAE RTTY CONTEST

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 11 15:31:17 EST 2013

Q's = 218;   PTS = 218;    QTC's = 113;    MUL. =  236;   Claimed Score =
78,116

This is one of my two favorite contests. But, this year it was a very
frustrating experience  due to some problems between me and N1MM. First of
all I had difficult propagation here in the "black hole" of the Midwest. I
could send QTC's with very few fills asked for. On the receive it was a real
problem. I probably messed up every Rec. QTC.  Most of the problem was
operator error.

My biggest problem in N1MM was every time I called CQ or sent my call on
S&P, the AFC would click on and I was off frequency on many calls that I
answered. If I clicked off the AFC, my F keys would not work. In answering a
call I had to turn off the AFC and click on the entry window to get the F
key working again to complete a QSO.  I have used N1MM with the MMTTY engine
for many years and never had this happen. I opened the set up file in MMTTY
and did not find any place where AFC could be turned on or off. I also did
the same with N1MM.  My station has not changed since I started using the
SignaLink  with my MARK-5 FIELD three years ago.  I am using V. 13.9.1 for
N1MM.       I will still be back for this one next year if I haven't shorted
to ground thenJ

Help appreciated ... Dick  KS0M

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is the way it is. How you deal
with it is what counts.

Richard C. (Dick) White

Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.

Amateur Radio Station  KS0M