[RTTY] Hints and tips on how to file comments on RM-11708

Kai k.siwiak at ieee.org
Sun Nov 24 22:26:31 EST 2013

Joe
Let's be careful about associating PACTOR with "inefficient modes".
My VERY PRELIMIARY assessment is that PACTOR-III  in its lowest
data rate of about 76 user bps  may outperform "Steam-RTTY" by as
much as 7 dB, while the highest data rate may be 6 dB worse than
Steam-RTTY,  but delivers 2722 bps compared with roughly 30 user
bps for RTTY.

I don't think we'll win by making "inefficient mode" arguments.
I also think we'll eventually lose with no BW cap.

Our best hope is to cap BW at 2200 Hz.

73
Kai, KE4PT