[RTTY] Courtesy

Bob rabisch at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 13:09:44 EDT 2013

Not being a heavy duty contester but enjoying a contest now
and then I find this discussion of Courtesy during a contest to
possibly be an oxymoron.  Have you ever heard a contester be
courteous to a non contester during a contest, I don't think so.
And even courtesy between contesters trying to move in on a
frequency someone is already using or even checking to see if
a frequency is in use before starting to transmit.

I also have never heard of a contester losing their license, an
arm or leg or their life or even miss out on a big cash award
because they did not win a contest.   This is a hobby, it is not
a job and everyone approaches the hobby differently.

If you to limit the length of transmissions during a contest then
have the rules changed to include that requirement.  You might
make each of your contacts more efficient, but you might also
find that you will make many fewer contacts because you wont
get those casual contesters that don't want to use the new rules.

Bob
K4QHH