[RTTY] 160 m

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Wed Oct 9 01:14:39 EDT 2013

Bill I think I told you this before but maybe not. JT65 is a weak signal mode
and not low power, run as much as you want.  The EME guys are usually
full limit with gain antennas. For the record I did the 160m JT65 WAS with
20 watts or less and several of the DX guys that got in there were 400 watts+
on their end. I played around with a KL7 station last year and he still had perfect
copy when I was down to 5 watts, couldn't get any lower with what I had.

If you want to try high power then one end or the other of the JT65 area will
keep you out of trouble....mostly :)

Ron
K0IDT