[RTTY] GU0SUP update

pcooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Oct 21 03:53:06 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Sorry I missed JARTS!

I finally got my surgery last Friday (18th) at around 2.30pm. Back on the ward at around 5.30pm, but then spent a very lousy night in the hospital. Most of this was due to the opiate-based analgesia I was allowed to self-administer.
It did take away the pain, but made me very dopy (more than usual!), and left me feeling a bit odd.
I managed to get home at about 6pm on Saturday, and am now just taking regular pain-killers.

The worst part now is the after-effects of the gas they use for keyhole surgery. You get filled up with CO2 to make access easier, and although they get most of it out, there is some left inside. That causes chest pains as it works around the system, and I am feeling it in my shoulders. I am told that will go in a few days.

I now have two weeks off work, and hopefully I will be able to spend some time on the radio! The high bands have been looking good, and I will be spending some time on 10/12/15 on RTTY and JT65A.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP