[RTTY] 75 Baud ... RigExpert ...

Richard Ferch ve3iay at storm.ca
Sun Sep 15 10:01:25 EDT 2013

As a follow-up to my previous post:

In answer to

I said:
 > No. The radio command (CAT) port is in use by N1MM Logger for radio
 > control. MMTTY does not have access to it.

This isn't the whole story. First, yes it is possible to set "PTT & FSK"
to the FSK port; the "No" was in response to the "then use the Radio
Command setting" part of the question.

Next, MMTTY cannot use the CAT port to control PTT by radio command, but
I believe there may be a way to fool MMTTY into using a third port for
PTT. For example, if the TI5 is using COM3 for CAT, COM4 for PTT, COM5
for Winkey and COM6 for FSK, then in MMTTY, select COM6 as the PTT & FSK
port. Under the Radio command button, set COM4 (*not* COM3) as the Radio
command port, check the check box for PTT under DTR/RTS, set Group at
the bottom to Clear, the Model to NONE and make sure all of the Command
boxes are clear. This should tell MMTTY to use RTS (and DTR) on COM4 for
PTT. MMTTY will not only toggle PTT from the TI5, it will also close the
CW key at the same time, but with most radios this should not matter
when the rig is in RTTY mode.

If you do this, you must leave COM4 unconfigured in N1MM Logger, i.e.
you will not be able to use COM4 from N1MM Logger for PTT or serial port
CW. If you want to use COM4 from N1MM Logger in modes other than RTTY,
you should leave MMTTY's Radio Command port set to NONE and configure
N1MM Logger to use COM4 for PTT, as I suggested in my previous post.

73,
Rich VE3KI