[RTTY] 75 Baud ... RigExpert ...

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Fri Sep 20 22:44:42 EDT 2013

So, long story short ... MMTTY does not send FSK through the RigExpert
TI-5 unless you use the EXTFSK DLL, which means no 75 baud.  This
despite VE3KI's much appreciated off-list help.

It will send FSK using MixW.  I'm still not totally clear where this
limitation actually lies:  is it an MMTTY/EXTFSK thing or a RigExpert
thing?  Clearly MixW can make it work and I can even do 75 bauds with
it (with a jumper change in the box).  Why can't MMTTY do that?

Even though RE has a generous 30-day no questions asked return policy,
it's a giant pain in the assembler language to return it and find
another "single wire" box.  So what other options are there?  Is there
another RTTY engine that will work with N1MM and let me do 75 baud?

I don't like it, but I could live with using MMTTY+EXTFSK for regular
QSOs (standalone or via WinWarbler) and even for regular contests
using N1MM ... I'd just really rather just use MMTTY like I have for
almost 10 years.