[RTTY] W1AW/x RTTY operations

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Apr 11 13:26:51 EDT 2014

> I've heard ARRL Headquarters has been receiving many complaints about so
> many ops running split and demanding more simplex operations on all modes.
> I attribute this primarily to non-contest/non-DX hunter operators who have
> never operated anything except simplex in their amateur radio lives

There's a pretty regular cycle. On Tuesday nights (0000Z Wednesday morning)
when the new group of states/territories/districts are activated, demand is very
high and split operation
is the only thing that makes sense. Later in the week as demand lessens, going
to simplex and even having a bit of chit-chat is very possible.

Given this regular cycle I think there's plenty of room for both types of operators.

Tim N3QE