[RTTY] PACTOR

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Fri Apr 25 09:39:43 EDT 2014

I am a member of the "Amateur Radio Pactor and Packet Group" on
Yahoo and check their 'conversations' vis PACTOR-4 and RM-11708.
These operators confine themselves to 14107-14112 range and do
not venture lower. Outside of the US they do use PACTOR-4.

In 'reading' the conversations, they don't understand the problems
presented by RM-11708 since they only have individual MBX stations
that do not 'pass' traffic. They just leave messages for each other.
I'm sure they 'hear' all the automailboxes but (judging because they
use PACTOR) claim it doesn't create any problems for them.

73 de Phil - N8PS