[RTTY] PACTOR

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Apr 25 13:02:37 EDT 2014

No, they are the same problem ... PACTOR lacks a competent "Channel
Busy" detector to prevent the modem from transmitting if there is
any activity on the frequency.  The problem could resolved 100% if
the maker of PACTOR modems would include that capability and the
operators of the stations would use it.

However, after nearly 20 years of PACTOR development and use, it is
obvious that PACTOR system operators and users simply don't give a
flip about playing by he rules that apply to all other amateurs -
and one wonders why PACTOR has such a bad name among the majority
of amateurs.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV