[RTTY] PACTOR

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Fri Apr 25 13:35:33 EDT 2014

Quoting "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists at subich.com>:
   "The problem could resolved 100% if the maker of PACTOR modems
     would include that capability and the operators of the stations
     would use it."

Answer: The number of modems (SCS) sold for use for Amateur use is a
         small number. It is the duty of the operator to operate in a
         proper manner. (You can guess where this answer came from)

AND

Quoting "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists at subich.com>:
   "one wonders why PACTOR has such a bad name among the majority
    of amateurs."

Answer: A majority of Amateurs want everything for no price to pay.
         A good quality product is merely given a bad word by those
         who are not willing to pay for the best quality. A true
         answer is that Pactor modems work and Pactor-4 modems work
         best. (Yep, another answer from the marketing department)

Joe -- you are 100% right -- some "users simply don't give a flip."

73 de Phil - N8PS