[RTTY] SO2R RTTY in MK2R+ and MMTTY

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Apr 26 14:01:32 EDT 2014

If you printed 300 pages you did not print the MK2R+ manual - it is
88 pages.

 > there not mention SO2R RTTY!!!!!

No, the words SO2R RTTY do not appear but the instructions for audio
switching of the RECORDING/DIGITAL inputs do appear with *separate*
instructions for Headphone switching for SSB/CW.

Again, the configuration will be unique to your station, transceiver
capabilities (one RX or two), and whether you are working two bands
(main RX for each transceiver), dealing with a split situation (two RX
one Rig) or using multiple decoders.  You need to first take time to
understand the hardware capabilities *before* you jump to the end and
say the manual is incomplete.  In general using the defaults and the
software configuration documented in the separate examples provides a
good starting point - one that works as long as you don't start pushing
buttons at random and banging the keyboard.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV