[RTTY] SP RTTY and BARTGRTTY75

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Tue Apr 29 14:17:17 EDT 2014

Hard to fully commit to either of two RTTY contests this past weekend when there's so much other stuff to do outside! But I spent a couple hours in each.

I heard a couple of 45 baud RTTY signals while doing BARTG RTTY 75 sprint but didn't switch over to see what it was. By ear it was easy to differentiate between the two. The spike in N1MM RTTY tickets, hah, that's funny! Wait till we all forget to switch back to 45 baud!

I had intermittently participated in SP RTTY contest earlier in the weekend, especially Saturday morning. Only a few hours, but when I had to leave Saturday AM, 15M was in really excellent shape to EU, and I was having very good rates. I had especially enjoyed the SP DX contest (I did it CW) a few weeks before.