[RTTY] Low Tones

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:50:06 EST 2014

Ed will have a more elaborate answer ;) but in a nutshell, I have two main
reasons for using lower tones:

1. You can judge the quality of the print by listening to the received
signal. Lower tones are more pleasant and easier on older ears during a
long contest.

2. I operate multiple K3s in contests. By using different tones in each
radio I can quickly determine on which radio (and VFO) I am hearing a new
signal.

73 jeff wk6i