[RTTY] FSK Keying on an Icom 7800 Problem

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sat Feb 1 23:33:11 EST 2014

Bipolar transistors are current operated devices, not voltage,  You want enough current through the base-emitter junction to drive the transistor into saturation.  At 45.45 baud, the higher recovery time from driving a transistor too far into saturation is really immaterial.  The current needed is calculated by ICsat/Hfe (gain). Ohms law does the rest.

Al
AB2ZY