[RTTY] W1AW/5 at NR5M

Dave Greig daven3buo at att.net
Sun Feb 2 13:06:56 EST 2014

Hello all,
I just spent Tuesday thru Saturday at W1AW/5 down at NR5M antenna Ranch. I
wanted to thatnk George NR5M for his hospitality and to Chris N1XS for
coordination the event. I had an absolute blast.  We were over 18,000
contacts when I left.

It was great to operate this super station in non-contest fun environment.

NR5M has a killer station with multiple amps and operating positions.
 During the week I got to watch moon bounce contacts and meteor scatter
activities (Thanks Marshall). In over 40 of Hamming I have never down this.

The bands were great and the antennas were phenomenal!!  I operated RTTY on
80, 40, 20, 15 and 10.  Talked to many friends I have made on the bands
over the years.

On Saturday morning, I worked a large pile up of JA, YB and VK on 80 (Gary
WA5FWC got the run going, He was up all night and I took over at 4 am) and
on 40 meters.

On Friday night I work almost all of the VK and ZL in the world on 10
meters. NR5M has a 4 stack of Yagis a Two stack of Yagis and a single lower
30 foot 4 element yagi on 10 meters. The Lower single yagi was used for all
of the pacific contacts and they were very loud!!

I did most of my contacts on 40, 20 and 15 in to Europe and the US.

RT - when you are ready to put your team together for your turn with W1AW/5
let me and WA5FWC know we would be more than happy to operate!

Gary WA5FWC took lots of pictures I will post them when I get them.

If you want to see George's Super station and watch the live web cam go to
http://nr5m.com

Again thanks to George and Chris for the fun!!

Thank You!
Dave Greig N3BUO
Phone: (682) 422-6667
Twitter: @N3BUO