[RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 6 12:34:46 EST 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/6/2014 6:06 AM, Charles Morrison wrote:
> As it should be Bill.  If you want a terrible example how to moderate a
> group, read the Icom Pro3 reflector.  I think the moderator sends out his
> form cease and desist emails about every week or so.
>
> Of course this means that either Icom people are always off topic/attacking
> each other, or the mod has a seriously happy trigger finger, and doesn't
> allow many freedoms in "his" group.
>
> I leaned towards the latter and quit reading the group.
>
> Keep it like it is.
>
> Charlie
> N5WE

REPLY:

The RTTY group is exceptionally well-behaved, Charlie. We have over 1100
members and in my seven years as moderator, I have had to put only one
person on moderated status for personal attacks, and he has since
cleaned up his act and is now un-moderated. There are still a few people
on moderated status because some kind of virus took over their computer
and started sending out spam.

Good bunch of guys and gals.  Thank you all for making my job easier!

If anyone needs help with their subscription in any way, feel free to
email me direct. You might want to add my address to your list in case
of future needs.

73, Bill W6WRT
RTTY List Administrator at contesting.com
dezrat1242 at wildblue.net