[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] LoTW confirmation rates

Stanley Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:55:03 EST 2014

My experience with QSLs is that I have a 35% QSL rate per QSO with eQSL, 25% with LoTW and 4% with paper. Many of those are duplicates. I mostly work digital, using SSB only for contests.

I am a firm believer in electronic QSLs and only send out paper in response to ones received. I have WAS with both LoTW and eQSL and have the CQ WPX award both digital and mixed all with electronic QSLs. The cost of postage is too high today to send out paper for every QSO, especially internationally. I do use the bureaus, but only to answer ones received.

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."