[RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted

Kai k.siwiak at ieee.org
Wed Feb 26 14:08:01 EST 2014

Don,
This may help. Here are a couple of  FAQ's they did not ask, here they are with
my answers.

"What is the current limitation on bandwidth of digital emission (except
two-tone RTTY) at MF and HF?"
The answer is:
What is permitted today with no changes in the regs, is digital signals (except
two-tone RTTY) with the following bandwidths:
160m - 200 kHz BW
  80 m  - 100 kHzBW
  60m  - 2.8 kHzBW [confined to the center of the channels, including two tone RTTY]
  40 m - 125 kHzBW
  30 m - 50 kHzBW
  20 m - 150 kHzBW
  17 m - 42 kHzBW
  15 m - 200 kHzBW
  12 m - 40 kHzBW
  10 m - 300 kHzBW

The above are slightly lower for non-Extra class licensees in some bands.

"What is the bandwidth limitation on two-tone RTTY today?"
All MF and HF bands: 1.5 kHz, except 60 m channels where 2.8 kHz is permitted
for all including RTTY.

"What is the data bandwidth limitation asked for in RM-11802?"
All MF and HF bands, all digital data emissions, including RTTY, limited to 2.8
kHz.

In the MF and HF phone bands there are likewise no statutory BW limitations, but
the widest that I know off is D-Star digital voice which occupies about 6 kHz,
and good 'ole AM - also 6 kHz.

That's it. That's all there is.

73
Kai, KE4PT