[RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... EMERGENCY NETWORK

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Mon Jan 6 13:24:19 EST 2014

Re steering clear of 070-080: are those dial frequencies, or actual transmit frequencies?

On my K3 when operating FSK, my dial frequency reads 1.955-2.125 kc above my diddles.   Thus, if I operate RTTY at 14080 dial, my tones would be smack dab in the middle of the JT9 watering hole.

I can very easily imagine that this individual was trying drink at the watering hole and got upset about contest encroachment.

If so, he needs better filters.  I've had fun making a couple of JT9 contacts in between the mark and space of a RTTY transmission.   ("If he can't hear us, and if he's not bothering us...why not?")

--
Michael N1EN