[RTTY] Comments by K4SBZ.. (JT65/JT9)

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 21:23:24 EST 2014

I really don't understand the guys complaining about contest activity.
Especially when we are talking about traditions that have run for decades.

The fact is that there is generally NOT a contest of the same mode every
weekend.  Yet the way guys talk you would think they only can operate on the
weekend and those darn (your choice of mode) contesters are ruining the
bands for the other ops.

If you want to chase CW DX and FD is on, then that weekend life is going to
be tough.  If you want to chase JT69 or PSK when one of the Big 3 RTTY
contests are on, life is going to be tough.  If you want to have your local
rag chew net on 40m when a SSB contest is on, life is going to be tough.

They are a lot like the Macy's parade or any other traditional event.  If
you insist on crossing THAT street on THAT day at THAT time, life is going
to be tough.

But thanks to the magic of the contest calendar and the internet (or QST or
a lot of other publications), it's easy to plan around these events and
avoid stress!

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie