[RTTY] 2Tone AFC

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 7 17:18:41 EST 2014

Chuck

2Tone AFC is a different thinking pattern from using MMTTY.

You cannot switch off 2Tone AFC the documentation that comes with tells you
that and the reason for it. But N1MM will automatically switch on and off
the transmit netting.

2Tone will when running turn off transmit net so when someone calls you off
frequency the AFC will lock on (as long as he is within 60Hz) without moving
your TX frequency, which is just what you want.

When S&P 2Tone transmit net will be on. So you tune in a station slightly
off frequency when you call him your transmit frequency will be the same as
the receive frequency. Exactly what is wanted.

If you want to be on the set tone frequency then just tune him so the small
vertical bars coincide with the long vertical bars. This is very easy to do
as 2Tone tuning display is very responsive. With a bit of practice then
tuning a station in will be an automatic thing you just do.

73 David G3YYD