[RTTY] Multi-Single Roundup Rules

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 8 22:06:00 EST 2014

I have gotten email from people who would like to see the M/S rule changed for the ARRL RTTY Roundup, specifically the 6 band change
limit in any clock hour. You know the routine; you get 5-6 people over for the Roundup and only one can really operate. The others
can only make 3 contacts every hour (each time you change a band and go back to the original band you were on, that's 2 band
changes). It does not promote the multi-single category to limit it in such a way.

What is involved in lobbying the ARRL to change the rule to the one used in Sweepstakes where "Multioperator stations have no
limitations on band changes"?

I will not be spearheading an effort to get the rule changed since I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will be supporting any
effort to have the rule changed in order for multi-single station operators to have more fun in the Roundup and to make it more
enjoyable to those operators.

Jay, was this one your original rules for Roundup? Maybe you can explain why it is like this in the first place.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU