[RTTY] Band plans

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Thu Jan 9 15:25:13 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Bill Turner <dezrat1242 at wildblue.net> wrote:

> www.arrl.org/files/file/conop.pdf?
>
> The point is, they can shuffle things around if there is a need to do so.

Listing "Data" isn't helpful.  The "watering holes" are well known but
mostly to the participants.  The only ones I know to avoid are the
PSKers at 14070  plus a few (and similar numbers on other bands) and
the NCDXF beacons at 14100 (I think I've heard those once).

The bandplans.com that I listed is better but anyone can add modes and
the author specifically says he doesn't check them.  A lot of them are
probably just wishful thinking.

It's obvious where RTTY and CW are; it's not obvious at all where the
JT modes are.