[RTTY] Band plans

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 8 16:17:38 EST 2014

I know the ARRL is not in great favor these days, but I think we should
pretty much stick with their band plan. If everybody and his brother
promotes their own band plan, chaos will result.

Remember the old tongue-in-cheek saying: "Standards are wonderful. That's
why there are so many of them".   :-)

BTW, the ARRL can be influenced to change their band plan when there is good
reason to do so. A few years ago they came out with a plan that has 7040
designated as both the RTTY DX calling freq AND the QRP CW calling freq. I
posted a comment on this reflector calling that a "fiasco" and a day or so
later I got an email from the head honcho asking what I meant. I relied that
having high power RTTY and low power CW on the exact same frequency was
asking for trouble. I never heard back from him, but shortly after they
moved the CW QRP frequency to 7030 where it remains today.

www.arrl.org/files/file/conop.pdf?

The point is, they can shuffle things around if there is a need to do so.

That'll be 2 cents please. PayPal accepted.

73, Bill W6WRT