[RTTY] ARRL board of Directors meeting this week

Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wb2rhm at wb2rhm.com
Mon Jan 13 18:17:39 EST 2014

Joe,

One of the things that is puzzling to me is why hasn't the PVRC, a
world-class, premier contest club, taken an official position on
RM-11708........

In all fairness, perhaps they have 'privately' taken a position with
their membership...  but I just do not remember seeing a public
position, in the form of a Comment to the RM.

I'm not throwing stones at PVRC, my local Mecklenburg, NC clubs are
only too eager to 'get in lock-step' with the ARRL (in the blessed
name of Homeland Security!).... whatever ARES says is
gospel.....  So, direction comes from the NC ARES, who wants to
establish an HF Pactor-4 network connecting all the county EOC's with
the Raleigh, NC EOC 'powers-that-be'.

73,

Ben - WB2RHM