[RTTY] The RTTY efficiency myth and SUPERFILL

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:44:13 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM, David G3YYD <g3yyd at btinternet.com> wrote:

> The 599001 001 is also deliberate as it forces a figs shift so if the
> 599001
> is copied in letters shift (everyone knows TOO=599) then chances are they
> get the second 001 correctly without having to do mouse over etc. So the
> guy
> comes back faster and often avoids a repeat request.

I agree with everything (though the casual contester we all rely on may not
have clued in to TOO) but...

599 001 001

We like to click on the exchanges - 599001 means you have to type it when
the second 001 gets creamed.

Not the end of the world but it results in the operator taking more time
and interrupting rhythm. Time and focus I could spend on S&P on the other
radio for example. I'd rather have the extra shift character.

Have fun! 73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com