[RTTY] Contest collisions

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 11:48:41 EDT 2014

DMC and July NAQP RTTY also collided in past years.

July 20 2013
July 21 2012
July 16 2011
July 17 2010
July 18 2009
July 19 2008
July 22 2007

I do not have record of DMC contest before 2007.

I distinctly recall in several recent years "warming up" in DMC just prior
NAQP.

Late yesterday afternoon there were many loud EU's CQ'ing on 20M in
14080-14090 and it was pretty obvious they were DMC test. I noticed a lot
of late afternoon 20M a lot of NAQP activity had moved as high as 14110 and
above so I guess us NAQP'ers  compensated well there.

When I was on 15M/20M/40M in NAQP I had many EU DMC callers giving me
serial numbers, I manually keyed in sequential serial numbers for them.
There were also EU's and JA's specifically calling CQ NA and giving NAQP
style exchanges so just seeing a DX callsign doesn't mean they were always
in DMC test.

Tim N3QE