[RTTY] W1AW/KL7 any news?

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Jun 4 21:46:37 EDT 2014

Ben,

W1AW/KL7 will be operational on June 18th at 00:00 UTC just like all the
other portable operations.  The following was posted today by Rich KL7RA our
coordinator for the first week of activity.

>I will be sending everyone a direct e-mail getting latest
>status and possible schedules from each person/station
>on the list. I will also confirm everyone is ready as we
>start the flow of e-mail on this reflector discussing all
>and everything necessary to make this successful.
>We will be somewhat flexible through the week but the first hours we will
>be scheduled with 9 stations running all modes or more for a big start.
>I expect 17 and 20 will have 2 or 3 modes on for the full 168 hours so
>anyone anywhere can get the Q. Six has been open to the lower 48 this week
>so we can hope for that
>in a few weeks.

We are expecting huge pileups right from the start so expect to see almost
all AK stations operating Split a lot of the time, especially the first few
days.  Unfortunately 10 and 12M propagation has been rather grim the last
few weeks, but we can always hope for an uptick in the SFI for a few days.
Looking forward to having all you lower 48 types aim your beams Northwest
instead of Northeast for a change!

73,
Gary AL9A