[RTTY] Fwd: RE: ARRL W1AW Bulletin Operations

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Thu Jun 5 10:48:09 EDT 2014

There is nothing in 97.113 a 3 iv that gives them the right to the
frequency at all times.  I believe these actions by W1AW are in
violation of the rules.

113 a 3 iv is about paying the control op and following a schedule. It
does not give anyone the right to ignore the other rules.  Every
operating guide printed by the ARRL talks about listening and making
sure that the frequency is clear before transmitting.  If there was a
control op on duty at the time of the interference then that person was
in violation of the rules.  I was told that these broadcasts are automated.

I am starting to see a pattern where the ARRL believes that only some of
the rules apply to them.  The ARRL is just another club.