[RTTY] Fwd: RE: W1AW bulletin operations

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri Jun 6 20:35:18 EDT 2014

Mike,

I have made no rude comments about anyone on this list.  I have posed
some questions and stated some facts and got an opinion from an employee
at the FCC about the possible rule violations concerning the operation
of W1AW and the poor response from the CEO of the ARRL about the situation.

I have forwarded my concerns on to my director.  It would really be
embarrassing for the ARRL to have to explain why the stations it runs do
not follow the FCC rules.  They have published countless books on how to
operate a station properly.  Is it really too much to ask that they
follow the same rules as the rest of us?

As for your accusation that I would deliberately set the ARRL up is way
out of line and I would hope that the list owner would either moderate
your posts or remove you from this list.

What is sad is so many willfully sit back and allow the ARRL and others
to do whatever they want.  Mike, what if everyone operated like this?
Where is the courtesy that should be shown by the ARRL who claims to
represent the best of Amateur radio.

The ARRL has created their own gotcha with their practices of not
listening before transmitting.  I honestly hope that they change their
ways.  The ARRL is just another organization that needs to held
accountable for all things they do and as I member I should be doing this.

If W1AW happens to QRM me, I will document it.  It has never happened in
my 37 years as a ham.

The ARRL does many good things.  Willful and Malicious interference of
other hams and the the RM-11708 are very bad for ham radio.

Mike where do you stand on willful and malicious interference.  Is that
acceptable to you?  How about RM-11708.  You stood up to me. Big deal.
Stand up for something important.

Mike W0MU