[RTTY] RM-11708

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Jun 9 23:50:59 EDT 2014

Failing to listen prior to using a frequency constitutes willful
interference.

When they fire up 6 or more transmitters each and everyday at various
times without ever listening most people would draw the conclusion that
they are trouncing on someone.

I can site two that were just recently.  W1AW firing up on top of W1AW/X
and another instance where the code practice wiped out a dx station and
pileup.  I have had a number of other people tell me that they have had
to leave a frequency because W1AW fired up on top of them.  Shall we
post on QRZ, Eham and some other major websites and watch the replies
come in?

You seem like a smart guy Mike.  Why are you trying to cover for the
ARRL and their bad behavior.  The rules say to listen first and not use
a frequency already in use.  Period.  How many times does the ARRL
trounce on other users.   I have not clue.  I am not set up to listen on
6 bands from multiple locations across the map.  There is an entity that
can do this.

I would prefer to see the ARRL and board change their ways, fix the
problems or the technology and act like good citizens on the bands.
Instead they act like they own their published frequencies and use a
rule that allows them to pay someone as an excuse to cause willful
interference.  If you want to go down the path of embarrassing the ARRL
with FCC intervention,  I am certain that there are plenty of people
willing to help you to that goal.

Mike W0MU