[RTTY] W1AW 80M RTTY Interference

Wa3frp via RTTY rtty at contesting.com
Tue Jun 10 12:16:35 EDT 2014

 FYI Only

A year or so ago, I asked ARRL if anything could be done to move the 80M W1AW CW transmission to a lower frequency on the 80M band.  This was done within the context of the interference that the CW signal causes during the first part of all 48  hour RTTY contests.

The answer that I received surprised me.  ARRL stated that they did look to move the 80M CW broadcast frequency when the 80M phone frequencies were expanded a while ago but that they could not find an open frequency in the CW portion of the band.

73 ES DX

Russ - WA3FRP
wa3frp at aol.com