[RTTY] Help with MMTTY

John Geiger af5cc at fidmail.com
Sat Jun 14 18:18:20 EDT 2014

I recently did a reset on my netbook which completely cleaned the hard drive
and reinstalled Windows, so I had to go thru and reinstall all of my
programs.  One of them is MMTTY, which I now seem to be having some trouble
with.  It defaults to Mark and Space frequencies above 2000hz with the
normal shift of 170hz.

However, I like to listen to RTTY at a lower pitch, like 500hz or so.  To do
this, I click on the waterfall until the signal appears around this
frequency.  It shows 500hz or so on the MARK box.  When I go to transmit, it
takes the MARK back to 2125hz.  I don't think it did this before, but I
don't remember for sure.  Anyways, I can't seem to contact anyone now unless
I tune the RTTY signal in at 2125hz as well.

What do I need to do differently to get MMTTY working like it used to
before?

73 John AF5CC