[RTTY] 2 tone vs MMTTY

Kermit (aka Ken) via RTTY rtty at contesting.com
Sat Jun 21 21:50:46 EDT 2014

Hi,

This was a thread a couple of weeks ago, just when I got kicked off the
reflector for too many bounces (due to my efforts to filter out the horrendous
 crap and clutter at that time).  I had wanted to mention TrueTTY as
another  useful decoder, although it cannot be used in N1MM.  I find it falls
somewhere between 2Tone and MMTTY.

I've used fldigi too, but have had trouble using it in N1MM where sometimes
 it stops decoding for some unknown reason.   In my experience the
decoders I've tried fall thusly:

2Tone > TrueTTY > fldigi = MMVARI > MMTTY

but, as I've said before, on any given transmission it's a crap  shoot.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 2014-06-12 6:56:06 A.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,