[RTTY] Contest CQ-detection by the RTTY-Skimmer system

iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 03:59:08 EDT 2014

Hi all.
TU Walter for the new, not that much ;-), info.

I will continue to use CQ at the end of the TU macro. I would never say
QRZ, it's out of minings ask QRZ when doing TU as you don't have
anything more of a clue that somebody could be there.
If you are sure of anybody presence, so you get a almost complete cal
there are, at least, ways to restart the QSO with ... TU IW1AYD NOW ...
CALLFRAGMENT ....
I'd never asked QRZ to the black hole.
CQ is for the black hole.
TU..NOW for somebody in view.

Maybe QRZ or QRZ? is useful for DXexpedition, why not. They knows that
somebody must be there, but where. From my stand point is even wrong
and, why not, lengthy.

Now the " TU IW1AYD CQ ". I will quite never end a QSO with this. I need
to confirm the last call I'd logged, even if not twice, just to close.
As it is not twice I will send " TU HISCALL IW1AYD CQ ".
O know that it seem a waste of time, but: "CRLF TU" somewhat synchronize
; " HISCALL " say to whom, it's anyway a relevant information; " IW1AYD
CQ " it's my RUN restart pray.
TU IW1AYD CQ could be the most desirable, I could understand, due to
timings. But even in the strict timing of our world when contesting
something clear must be there. Weight of TU HISCALL and MYCALL CQ and
courtesy "force" all the way theirs usage together,

About what Walter wrote I should agree that recognition problems are a
must to resolve. But QRZ is not a substitute for CQ, it's often a non
sense, it's longer, than CQ, it tell quite noting other than general
poor operations. I will continue to use QRZ where it's more appropriate.
  CQ TEST IW1AYD IW1AYD CQ
   UYYWYFW1EGO2719
  QRZ? QRZ? (or if there are more than one calling me back .... QRZ?
?1EGO ?1EGO QRZ? )
    IWAEGO IW1EGO
  IW1EGO 599 ..
I know that there is somebody calling me I use QRZ to ask WHO is there,
and I could use it in several ways.
I hope that there will be somebody calling me I could just ask CQ.

By any other means, Walter, I didn't noticed any change on how the
Digital Cluster spotted anything since months ago ... so go ahead with
that nice work. TU.

     73 de iw1ayd Salvo