[RTTY] TS-2000, RigBlaster Advantage, N1MM, MMTTY, and FSK

David Tanks ad4tj at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 15:12:48 EST 2014

Hello gang. I have not been able to get the above combination to work on my Windows 7 desktop, no matter what I do. The only way it works is if I use an old XP machine and the W3YY interface.

MMTTY works fine standalone( works in either FSK or LSB; should it?, if  MMTTY is set up for FSK? ). When I start N1MM and transmit, I only get a single constant tone.

The radio's serial port is connected to the computer via a Belkin USB to serial adapter( Com 6 ). That apparently is working fine, as I can change frequency on the radio, and in N1MM the frequency follows it.

The Advantage is on Com 5( a USB cable from the Advantage USB port to a USB jack on the computer ).

I have the cable for the Advantage for CW/FSK to the ACC2 jack on the radio hooked up.

Visits to the West Mountain Radio website and N1MM's website have not been productive in solving the problem.

What am I missing? I would like to have this running all on the same computer and not have the Advantage doing only digital operations.

There are so many variables in these programs that it only takes 1 to screw it all up; it can be very aggravating!

Thanks in advance.

73, David AD4TJ