[RTTY] RM-11708 question

Kai k.siwiak at ieee.org
Sun Mar 16 18:05:49 EDT 2014

Terry,
You need to look at the "ERRATUM" filing:
    http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7520959653
as well, where that ARRL makes a correction to their original proposal. Nothing
changes in the text,
but the proposed changes to the regulations are a bit different than filed
originally.

The entire list of proposed changes to the regulations is in the Appendix, pages
3-6 (of the "ERRATUM" filing), really
just those four footnotes on p 6 to Table 97.305(c). If the FCC adopts RM-11708,
that is entirely what the regs would look like.
There is no proposal to change anything else.

Strike outs means delete current text, underline mean add this text.

So in that context, the phrase in the supporting text,
"If there is to be one" means that "if there is to be a BW limitation, where
today there is no limitation [except for 2-FSK-RTTY]".
Read the text in the context of the actual proposed changes shown on p 6 of the
ERRATUM document.

73
Kai, KE4PT