[RTTY] RTTY more...

Terry ab5k at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:11:12 EDT 2014

Hi Jim,

There are bunch of great guys on the forum and we normally stick to more
interesting RTTY DXing and Contesting topics.

 I have been off the air for a few years building a Texas Sized station that
is somewhat competitive with East Coast folks who have a big geographically
advantage.   I just got back on the air this year for a few contests and
everywhere I go I am QRMed by packet robots.   All I really want to do is to
do is operate the major RTTY contests without being QRMed.   However this
deployed "mine field of QRMing packet robots is not right and has to go.
Looking at RM-11708 the interference will be even greater.

I hate politics and all of this and would much rather be out hanging
antennas on a tower or operating the BARTG contest.

At some point we will need you to send some emails to your ARRL director and
Vice Director.   They usually go to most major hamfests so take a copy of
the white papers along and put them in their face and ask them what they are
doing to correct the unattended packet robot interference and new
interference from RM-11807 modes.

Thanks for your help,

Terry