[RTTY] 17 Meter RTTY W1AW/7 at 20:33z

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:36:49 EDT 2014

hi Joe - That was me operating RTTY about 90% of the time starting Sunday
evening to the end. I suspect the K3 was damaged in this challenging
multi-radio environment. I was careful to change bands via direct frequency
entry but I couldn't be in the room 24 hours so I suspect it took a whack
when going 17->15->12 (a K3 changes bands with up/down buttons). I should
have excluded the non-WARC bands for the duration but didn't think of it,
was too wrapped up in getting the RTTY stuff working.

Still, it was the first time I have ever been accused of being a pirate on
the cluster, something I will happily add to my list of accomplishments.
Arrrr!

- jeff wk6i