[RTTY] Hardes RTTY Station to Work - EVER

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Sat May 17 13:48:04 EDT 2014

Dick I ran RTTY as W1AW/0 NE, one of many, and UP means just that at least
to me. THe smart callers would go up to +2 or so and I could get them first
pass. If I said UP 1, that's exactly what I got, everyone UP 1. UP 1-2 worked
a bit better but not everyone listened, cluster clickers. It got so bad at one point
I added a macro that said "if you're calling here I'll never see you.....UP UP", I could
see the on frequency callers and that usually worked.....usually. Best bet is pick a
frequency and stay put, away from the larger pile. I would only work one tailender
before moving to keep the pile spread out. 17m had the best rates for us later in
the day 2100-2300utc. The results are up if anyone is interested, raw totals
http://k0ha.com/w1aw/w1aw.htm

73,
Ron K0IDT