[RTTY] Point-and-click vs typing

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Tue Sep 30 20:33:51 EDT 2014

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:54:32 -0400, you wrote:

>What fraction really prefers point-and-click to grab calls?

REPLY:

I don't grab calls with point and click, I use the mouse wheel to send
F7 (grab).

At my QTH, the mouse is almost 100%.  The left mouse button I use as
is, but I use AutoHotkey to program the right button and the wheel.

Rt button:  In run mode sends AGN AGN, in S&P mode sends my call 3
times.
Wheel down: sends F1
Wheel up: sends F7 (grab)

Once in a while I move to the keyboard because my hand gets stiff with
100% mouse, but theoretically I could do an entire contest without a
keyboard.

To each his own.

73, Bill W6WRT