[RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

Tom Homewood w1to at roadrunner.com
Fri Apr 10 11:26:10 EDT 2015

On 4/9/2015 6:15 PM, Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wrote:
> Rick,
>
> With all due respect to the programmers of N1MM+, this has been a
> monumental and wonderful effort by a dedicated team, but it still is a
> work in progress.
>
> With regard to the status of N1MM+ time handling, and the BARTG
> contest programming in particular, this year:
>
> 1) What happened to the value saved for TIME2, if the user 'corrected'
> any partial/incomplete/incorrect call already entered in the entry
> field, using the keyboard to either add extra characters, delete extra
> characters, or retype the call entirely, anytime during the QSO,
> before the TU or TU AND NOW exchange?
>
> OR
>
> 2) What happened to the original TIME2 value, if the user 'fixed' a
> current but incorrect callsign, already showing inside the Entry
> window, by double-clicking on the 'correct' call being displayed in
> any DI window at anytime during the QSO before the TU or TU AND NOW
> exchange?
>
> Was the 'stored'/Reported' Time2 value still the 'original' one, or
> did it get 'updated' due to 'retyping', or 'double-clicking' during
> the middle of the QSO?.  What time showed in the 'log page' or the
> Cabrillo report? Were they the same value?

With regard to 1 and 2, to the best of my recollection the time value in
the log window was cleared and had to be reentered. In that case I think
the Time2 value was reset. Sorry I didn't keep detailed notes but this
was enough of a issue to cause me to remember it. This would seem to
allow a condition where the time could be off by a minute from that
originally sent.

Thanks again to Rick, Tom and crew for their efforts.

73 Tom W1TO