[RTTY] IC-7100

Mark k5xhrtty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:47:47 EST 2015

Has anyone interfaced an IC-7100 to N1MM+? I'm having trouble and I
think the problem is with the radio. Am I correct in saying that I need
a cable that connects between the ICOM's DATA jack (a 2.5mm stereo plug)
to my computer's serial port? I built a OPC-152R cable from drawings I
found on the web. The radio schematic shows an internal RS232 to logic
converter chip connected to the DATA jack. But a check with a scope
shows no voltage present on either pin on the plug when inserted into
the jack. I should see a negative voltage on the TX part of the jack but
there is nothing. Before I contact ICOM support I would like to know if
I'm doing this right.
Thanks,
K5XH