[RTTY] IC-7100

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Fri Feb 13 11:05:37 EST 2015

All you need is a USB cable. No other interface required. The rig also has a
built in sound card. So you can send RTTY directly from the computer with no
other hardware required.

I'm not sure why Icom puts the CI-V jack on the back of the rig other than
to interface to the PW-1 amplifier I would guess.

You have to download and install a driver from the Icom Japan web site. This
rig works exactly the same to interface to a computer as the IC7600 and the
IC7410 (which I have one of each). I use the internal sound card in both
radios to decode RTTY with 2-Tone.

For sending, I use FSK and not AFSK through the sound card. But AFSK through
the built in sound card on the rig does work. You have to watch your
transmit audio levels though.

You can probably find the info on the web for one of the above mentioned
rigs and N1MM+.
73
Good luck in the contest this weekend!

Jim W7RY/WW7RY